● Meet the newest calves on the block.
● Mamma mia! Time to get out those recipes with garlic, onions, and soup peas!
● Herbs and Poisons—what to eat and what NOT!
● Weasels v. Chickens. Winner is…(find out by reading below!)
● Sizzling bacon and pork chops—hurry, hurry, before they run out!
Ever tried roasted garlic and carmelized onions? Slather some on crispy French bread, mix it in with some pasta, or flavor your quiche with these earthy alliums. You are invited to come harvest them on the farm and take them home for a lovely meal.
In addition, separate the weeds from the potatoes—those potato fields are waiting for you to free them!
Go on a treasure hunt while weeding—you will learn to identify the tasty, edible wild amarath, and purslane while also learning to avoid at all costs the toxic cocklebur weed which no mammals should ever eat.
Garlic Harvesting: Sat., June 2, 8:30 to 10:30 am
Onion Harvesting: Sat., June 9, 8:30 to 10:30 am
Upcoming harvests will be soup peas (about two weeks) and wheat (one month). Let us know if you would like to participate.